Welcome at VV Utrecht, the largest volleyball club in Utrecht
VV Utrecht is the largest volleyball club in Utrecht and actually among the largest volleyball clubs in the Netherlands. Over 600 volleyball enthusiasts play in one of the 23 senior teams, 20 youth teams and 8 recreational teams. At VV Utrecht we stimulate all players as high as possible within their abilities. Our teams play both in the national leagues as well as the regional leagues. VV Utrecht is a warm and social club, where bonding and social activities are an important element of the club culture. We strive to combine this community feeling with top notch volleyball facilities and successes on and off the pitch. So, as far as we are concerned, apart from being the largest volleyball club in Utrecht, VV Utrecht is also the nicest club ;).
Training: each team at VV Utrecht practices at least once a week for two hours in one of the sports halls in town, mostly in Sport center Galgenwaard and Sport center Nieuw Welgelegen. Training times are from Monday until Thursday, from 7pm-9pm or 9pm-11pm. Youth teams practice earlier, before 7pm. VV Utrecht provides adequate training materials as well as enthusiastic and ambitious trainers, fitting the level the team is playing on.
In order to make sure our trainers are well prepared and well equipped for their task, VV Utrecht organizes specialized train-the- trainer sessions, given by former players of the Dutch national team and professional coaches from the Dutch volleyball association. These coaches provide additional support to the trainers of our youth teams as well, so the kids get taught the latest techniques and insights in volleyball.
Youth players can sign up for additional training sessions through the volleyball school. Players, who sign up for the volleyball school, will get extra training hours on Sunday mornings. An additional fee is required though.
Matches: all teams that play in the regional or national league, will play up to 22 matches per season both home and away. Home matches are played in Sport center Galgenwaard, once every two weeks, when all teams have their home matches. It is very common to stay in the sport center after your match, to socialize with your teammates and other club members and to cheer other teams on.
Our first women’s and men’s team are playing in the national league, respectively top division (one level below premier league) and first division (two levels below premier league). You are more than welcome to join us on the stands of the center court during their home matches. Check out their schedules at www.volleybal.nl
Beach volleyball: from May until September, VV Utrecht offers its members the opportunity to rent beach volleyball courts. Currently, VV Utrecht does not offer beach volleyball training, although this may change in the future. If you would like to play beach volleyball indoor, please check out the Sportbox (Dutch website), which has year round beach volleyball facilities.
Membership fee: VV Utrecht has several membership fees for the various types of members:
- Senior members (18 years and older): 350 euros per year
- Youth members (12-18 years): 300 euros per year, including the rent of a jersey
- Mini members, playing competition(up to 12 years old): 250 euros per year, including the rent of a jersey
- Mini members, only practice (up to 12 years old): 200 euros per year
- Recreational players (mixed teams, no weekend competition): 230 euros per year
The membership fee is collected in two tranches, the first in September, the second in February.
Outfit: you can order your jersey, shorts, knee pads and all the other equipment you could need through our webshop. The webshop is in Dutch, if you need help ordering please let us know. Youth players rent a shirt from the club, the price is included in the membership fee. They do need to buy their own shoes, shorts, socks and knee pads (if they want to).
Like we mentioned at the top of this page, the VV Utrecht members are a social bunch. Apart from playing volleyball together, it is common to socialize with your team after practice sessions or matches. Furthermore, our members are organizing social activities such as:
- Parties, at least four per year, not included the spontaneous parties that occur sometimes on match days in the Galgenwaard
- a legendary ski weekend, this year to Italy in the beginning of January
- a cycling dinner, you will enjoy a three course dinner, with each course at another house of a VV Utrecht member, while getting to know your fellow club members
- a buddy tournament: each youth team has at least 1 senior buddy team, during this tournament the two teams are mixed and will play against other buddy teams.
- Youth camp: at the end of the season a spectacular youth weekend is organized for all youth members. Check out the